Translation of Shenasnameh/Iranian Birth Certificate for U.S. Immigration

Iranians who are working on a visa application often ask us whether the small booklet they have is equivalent to a birth certificate. Provinces in Iran issue a shenasnameh or birth certificate that contains multiple pages. This small booklet looks slightly different from the birth certificates that are issued in the United States. The first page includes a summary of the certificate holder’s personal information such as place of birth and parent’s first names. A page similar to the image on the side contains some notes for the certificate holder.

The second page has the information of the certificate holder’s spouse and children. The next page has space for notes and death information. The office of vital records uses this space to record any changes to the certificate holder’s name. For instance, if the card holder changed his last name the office of vital record mentions when the change was made and under which law.

Iranians who are looking for certified translations of their birth certificate for USCIS should submit all the pages of their shenasnameh. Some of our clients who are unfamiliar with the requirements of the immigration department only submit the first page of their birth certificate. They assume that the other pages are not relevant to their application. We usually explain that USCIS does not accept summaries or extracts. USCIS expects a complete translation of all the pages of the booklet.

CACFTI has translated many documents including birth certificates, marriage licenses, and divorce decrees from Farsi to English. We can also translate criminal history background checks and vaccination cards from foreign languages into English. We have ample experience in the translation of documents both from Persian to English and from English to Persian. Our translations are completed by professional translators who are committed to producing top-quality translations. We know exactly what your shenasnameh looks like. We have translated dozens of birth certificates for USCIS. We have translated official documents that were issued in Iran before the Islamic Revolution of 1979 as well as documents issued by the Islamic Republic of Iran. Recently the department of civil registration has started to print new national identification cards. We have also translated the new birth certificates.

You can rely on our company to get your personal documents translated into English and certified for immigration purposes. A lot of our clients use our certified translations for visa and green card applications. We have solid knowledge of the rules of the immigration department regarding foreign-language documents. Our translations follow the guidelines of immigration authorities. Our certified translations for USCIS are very popular among immigrants and Americans who are helping their families abroad obtain visas. If you would like to take advantage of our translation services for your Persian-language documents, please send all the pages to

Certified & Notarized Translations for Academic Documents

International students who are in the process of applying to a college in the United States often wonder how they can get a certified and notarized translation for their transcripts. Their school records are in a foreign language and as such have to be translated into English. Academic document translation services are very important to the application process. International applicants have to get in touch with a reliable firm that provides high-quality translations to make sure the schools get a clear translation of their documents.

Do I Get My Translations Certified or Notarized?

Since schools in the United States do not typically have their own professional translators, they ask their international applicants to provide certified translations. Many educational institutions throughout the country request the certified translation of foreign-language documents while others expect certified and notarized translations. Students who have non-English language transcripts and are applying to a school in the United States should check with the admissions office to find out whether they have to present a certified and notarized translation for their academic documents. Notarized translations are very similar to certified translations. The only difference is that a notary public’s acknowledgement is attached to the translation. Nevertheless, some institutions prefer to have the notary’s acknowledgement form along with the certification.

I Am Fluent in English. Can I Translate My Academic Documents?

Many colleges, universities, and vocational schools require foreign-language documents to be translated by an unbiased translator. In addition, they prefer a professional translator who can faithfully translate the academic records. Even if you speak English fluently there is a chance that the translation you prepare is inaccurate because you are not familiar with the educational system in the United States.

CACFTI’s Approach to Academic Translations
We understand that you have put a lot of time and energy into your academic work and therefore expect to get in touch with an academic translator who can accurately translate your documents for US schools. Our approach to certified translations for academic documents is very unique. We take our job very seriously because we understand that schools review these documents very carefully in the admissions process. You cannot submit your complete paperwork without the professional translation of their academic records because colleges and universities need to know how you performed in your home country to decide whether you qualify for their programs. We assign your academic documents to translators who have extensive experience in the translation of diplomas, transcripts, student ID cards, report cards, etc. We proofread all the translations to make sure everything has been typed in correctly and is ready to submit to the schools of your choice. We can either email the electronic copy to the admissions office or we can mail the hard copy. Please check the deadlines to make sure you get everything to the schools on time.

Our Experience with Academic Translation for International Students
CACFTI can notarize certified translations upon request. We have translated dozens of documents for international students. We have provided ATA certified translations for foreign-language documents. We have also notarized translations for international applicants. Please get in touch with us if you are an international student or advisor who is looking for certified translation services. We have translated documents from various languages into English for community colleges and universities. We can also translate documents for bar associations, California State Board of Pharmacy, and The National Council of State Boards of Nursing. You can submit our certified translations to degree evaluation companies. We support many languages including Spanish, Polish, German, Dutch, French, and Romanian. We are experts when it comes to the official translation of documents. Our translations are completed by professional translators and certified by our official stamp and seal. We are confident that our translators can exceed your expectations. Our translators who handle the translation of school related materials have extensive experience and are familiar with the educational system in the United States. They know exactly how to translate documents clearly for admissions committees. You can scan and email us your documents for an estimate. We will also need the mailing address where you would like us to send the hard copy. We can either mail it to your place of residence or directly to the school. Please let us know whether you are looking for academic document translation services or notarized translations. We look forward to assisting you with the translation of your academic documents.

Court Certified Translator for Spanish Agreements

Law offices in Los Angeles and the legal departments of companies that work on cases involving Spanish language agreements often seek court-certified translation services. They understand that they have to submit a copy of the agreement along with an English translation that a court approved translator has prepared and certified. They rely on court-certified Spanish translators to prepare an accurate translation of their documents. Court approved translators enable plaintiffs, witnesses, and defendants to use foreign-language documents in the United States for legal purposes.

Do I Need Certified Spanish Translators?
Spanish-speakers who have signed a document in their native language and now are ready to take a matter to court in LA or other cities in the country have to remove language barriers. They can get in touch with a certified Spanish translator to get a translation that courts accept. Some attorneys have presented foreign-language documents to courts in the past and know exactly how the process works. Others might search for a service provider and ask for general information because they have no idea how it works. California Center for Translation & Interpretation has assisted many lawyers with their document translation needs. If you are new to this, you have nothing to worry about. We will take care of your documents very professionally. If you are going to submit a Spanish-language document to a court in the United States, you need a certified translation. Please contact us for prompt assistance.

Certified Spanish to English Translations for Law Firms

Parties that sign contracts in a foreign language such as Spanish can still be sued in the United States if they breach the terms of the agreements. Many lawyers throughout the country assist parties that believe defendants failed to live up to the terms of the contract they signed even if the document was drafted in a foreign language. They commonly work with a translation company that offers certified translations of documents for courts. CACFTI specializes in the translation of legal documents and can provide translations completed by court approved translators. We have translated dozens of legal documents from foreign languages including Spanish to English for courts.

We are familiar with the requirements of the state courts for foreign language documents. Many lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants contact us about our certified translations for courts. We can also assist litigation support teams that collaborate with attorneys. We understand that the documents you present to us for translation are extremely important and relevant to the case at hand. We do our best to capture the exact meaning of the original document so that you can use it in court.

What Happens Once I Send You My Spanish Document?
When you send us a copy of an agreement in Spanish, we review the text and provide a quote. You can let us know how you would like to make your payment. Once the job is confirmed with us, we try to decide which translator has the background and skill required to translate that type of text. Agreements can be about the purchase or sale of a property, the distribution of a product, a merger, personal loans, etc. Therefore, the translator who executes the translation of your agreement has to know the terminology related to the subject matter of the contract. We can translate many types of contracts from Spanish to English for courts.

Getting Court Certified Translations at CACFTI
If you work at a law office or you intend to represent yourself in court and would like to get a document translated from Spanish to English for legal purposes, please reach out to us. Our Spanish translators who have rich experience in the translation of documents from Latin America and Spain are interested in helping you overcome language barriers in courts. Please let us know if you are looking for court-certified translations for the Los Angeles superior court or other courts in the United States. We have translated various types of documents for lawyers and others who have presented our translations in courts. Thank you for trusting us with the translation of your legal documents! You can send your documents to for a quote. We look forward to speaking with you about your legal translation needs.

Do I Need a Certified Translation for USCIS?

Many immigrants who are working on an immigration application for themselves or their relatives often contact us to find out whether they actually need a certified translation. They ask whether they can get a non-certified translation for a document that they intend to submit with their immigration application. On the official website of USCIS you will find that immigration authorities expect foreign language documents to be translated and certified. For immigration matters, you cannot use non-certified translations.

Certifying Translations for USCIS
We provide certified translations for USCIS and possess ample experience in the translation of various types of documents for immigrants from all over the world. We constantly look for updates to requirements for certified translations. We understand that when you are in the process of applying for a visa you have a lot to take care of. You would probably prefer not to have to worry about the rejection of your translations. If you are wondering what to do with your foreign language documents, just send us a copy and we will take care of it. We have translated documents for immigration law offices and other individuals who have successfully presented our certified translations to USCIS. All of our translations are performed by professional translators who meet the immigration department’s standards. We will translate your documents professionally and attach our certification to the translations.

Can I Break the Envelope’s Seal?
Yes. You do not have to keep the translation in its sealed envelope. You can remove the translation from the original envelope and make photocopies, scan it, attach it to your application, etc. USCIS does not require certified translations to be presented in sealed envelopes.

CACFTI’s Approach to USCIS Certified Translations
We recognize the importance of every component of your application. The supplementary documents and their certified translations that you submit are all of equal importance. Therefore, we do our best to provide accurate, certified, and timely translations. We are familiar with the exact requirements of the department of immigration for certified translations. We carefully translate and proofread every document to ensure completeness and smoothness. Please email us your birth certificates or other documents you are planning to submit with your application. We provide high-quality translations for all the major world languages. To learn more about certified translations for USCIS, please visit our other pages or contact us.

How You Can Get Started with Your Certified Translations
If you are ready to get a certified translation for your personal documents, please get in touch with us. CACFTI translates and certifies documents for immigration purposes. We have handled the translation of many types of documents for clients all over the world. Our translators who have excellent translation skills are available to translate your documents from foreign languages to English for immigration matters. They possess solid knowledge of the source language and English. We strive to exceed the expectations of our valued clients. Your first step is to send your documents to so we can provide a quote.

Do I Need ATA Translation for My Academic Documents?

International students who learn that they have to get a certified translation of their foreign-language transcripts and diplomas often ask us whether our translations are compliant with their school’s requirements. Some of them request a translation completed by an ATA translator. Not all translators who perform academic translation services are members of American Translators Association. Therefore, we understand international applicants’ concern. This is a good question.

Some universities and other educational institutions request a translation by ATA members. We have heard from several clients that some universities such as California State University, Northridge only accepts translations executed by members of ATA.

Other schools have less stringent requirements. They expect the translations to be completed by a professional translator but do not require an ATA accredited translator. They only require the translation company’s official stamp and seal on every page of the original and the English translation. Some of them may wish to have the translator sign or initial the bottom of every page.

CACFTI collaborates with various translators to translate academic documents. We have years of experience in the industry and have served the translation needs of many international students. We have translated many types of documents from foreign languages to English for individuals who were in the process of applying to schools in the United States. Nevertheless, we rely on our clients to inform us about the exact requirement of the recipient. We usually do not know whether the college or university you have in mind requires a translation performed by translators with specific qualifications. Please be sure to ask your academic counselor about the school’s requirements for translations. We never make guesses about schools’ requirements so please make sure to ask your academic advisor before you contact us. You can often find this information on the school’s website as well. If we learn that you must present an ATA certified translation to your school, then we will assign your documents to a translator who is a member of American Translators Association.

We also provide official translations for schools that accept certified translations completed by professional translators as well as many degree evaluation service providers. Our translators have wide experience in the translation industry. They have solid knowledge of vocabulary used in academic documents and can translate foreign language grade sheets and other relate documents to English. Please get in touch with us if you are looking for academic document translation services and would like to have the best translations. We rely on translators with fine skills to deliver the translation of academic records and degrees. Please email us your documents for a quote.

Translation of Medical Device User’s Manuals

Why Get a Medical Device User’s Manual Translated?

Medical device distributors in Los Angeles and many other parts of the country that provide products to hospitals all over the world often rely on translation companies to get various types of documents translated into foreign languages. They do not usually specialize in document translation or have bilingual professionals in-house and therefore required the assistance of a third party that can translate their documents for international buyers.

They typically need to remove language barriers and communicate their concepts in local languages in their attempts to penetrate into non-English speaking markets. They usually have to get their medical device user’s manuals translated for customers abroad because the buyers are unfamiliar with the product this distributor is providing. They might have used similar products, but if the manufacturer produced a unique device then they might struggle a bit with the technology.

Companies that introduce a new technology to international markets cannot simply assume that the users know how to operate the device. They should try to create a user-friendly experience for the buyers. Even if they have already distributed a similar medical device to the same market, they have to make sure that the users can properly use the new device.

Who Can Translate Medical Device User’s Manuals?

Translators who possess excellent skills in medical translations often can perform the translation of medical device user’s manuals. They have the expertise required to carry out a professional translation of your medical documents. Such documents are particularly important when it comes to introducing new technology to a market. The buyers are unfamiliar with the item you are trying to sell and might misuse, mishandle, or use it for the wrong purpose. Consequently, they might return the product or seek compensation for the damages it caused. To avoid confusion medical device distributors might seek the assistance of professional translators who have extensive experience in the area of medical translation. If you are expanding into international markets and need a medical translator to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Translation of Medical Documents by CACFTI

We are pleased to discuss your translation needs. If you are a medical device distributor that is looking to expand overseas, please get in touch with us about our translation services. We are excited about your plans to reach customers abroad and would love to serve as your trusted vendor for translation services. We understand that language barriers impose difficulties in international transactions. We do everything we can to get you the best translations. You can email us your medical device user’s manuals plus all the other documents you need to complete an international transaction. We are confident that we can deliver top-quality translations for your medical documents. As a translation company in Los Angeles, we have served many entities that were trying to establish a presence in a foreign country. We look forward to helping you break language barriers too.

Ready to get started or would like to learn more? Please send the details to!

Certified Translation of Spanish Contracts for Courts

Who Needs Spanish Contracts Translated?
Businesses in California often form joint ventures with organizations in Latin America to increase efficiency in production or distribution. In order to ensure smoothness in their joint operations they often draft and sign contracts. Such legal documents can be used in court if one party breaches the terms and conditioned specified in the contract. Parties that plan to use foreign-language documents in CA court typically seek certified translations for courts to get the text translated into English. Individuals might also need to get a contract translated if, for instance, they lend money to a Spanish-speaking party and the borrower refuses to pay back the loan according to the provisions of the agreement. If the original loan agreement was in the Spanish language the lender can get it translated into English and present it in a court in the United States.

Who Can Translate Spanish Contracts for Courts?
Courts in the United States expect parties to get in touch with a translator who has the right qualifications to translate and certify foreign-language documents. They can only review the information presented in English. Translators who are court registered or certified can translate documents for courts. Once the translators are done with their translations they need to provide their signed certification so the courts can identify the translator.

Can I Get a Non-Certified Translation for a Spanish Contract?
Language barriers sometime pose a challenge to parties that wish to use an agreement in California courts. Law firms that just want to review the documents to determine whether it will help them in court can probably just get a non-certified translation. The non-certified translation offers an idea of what the document is about and helps the lawyers figure out if a court-certified will help their position in court. If they review the non-certified translation of the contract and decide that it won’t help them in court, they won’t need a court-certified translation.

Court-Certified Translations at CACFTI
CACFTI provides an outstanding solution to the language problem of enterprises that operate internationally. Whether you are a law firm or any other entity that needs to have a legal document translated for legal purposes, we have your needs covered. We acknowledge that the contract you have signed in the Spanish language or any other foreign language would be of little value in U.S. courts unless they are accompanied by their certified translations. We rely on reliable translators to translate your contracts from Spanish to English. Our translators who have solid knowledge of legal terminology are ready to translate your contracts from Spanish to English so that you can present your case in court. Please scan and email a copy of your legal documents to for a quote. We look forward to speaking with you about our certified translations for courts. Please be sure to specify your deadline, if you have a court date scheduled.

Certified Translation of Italian Birth Certificates for US Immigration

Many people who were born in Italy and are in the process of completing an application for U.S. immigration often hear that they need certified translations for USCIS. Some might be working on a fiancé visa (K-1) while others might be completing an application for student visas (F-1). Immigrants can smoothly obtain a certified translation for a birth certificate or other personal documents that immigration authorities in the United States request if they find the right company. Organizations such as California Center for Translation & Interpretation that specialize in document translation and offer professional translations can typically translate and certify Italian-language birth certificates.

Immigration authorities require foreign-language documents to be accompanied by their certified English translations. The standard procedure is to obtain a copy of the original documents from the entities that issued them in your home country and send them to the translation services provider. You should also mention that you will be using the translations for US immigration.

Foreigners who are working on an immigration application can contact us regarding our professional translation services. We rely on experienced translators who are fluent in the source language as well as English to translate and certify your documents for USCIS. CACFTI stands for excellence and promptness. When it comes to the translation of documents for any purpose including immigration applications we do our best to achieve perfection. We translate and proofread documents before finalizing the certified translation.

We have translated many documents including birth certificates, divorce decrees, and marriage licenses for immigrants and immigration lawyers. You probably have to render our Italian translation services to truly understand why so many individuals and organizations rely on us for the certified translation of their documents. We know that Italians who are submitting an application to USCIS usually expect accurate translations of their Italian documents. A birth certificate, for example, is a very important document that many applicants submit with their other material. It contains their personal information such as first name, last name, date of birth, place of birth, and date of issuance. We support many other languages in addition to Italian.

Our translators who execute the translation of Italian birth certificates always make sure that their work is high-quality and accurate. Our translators who have wide experience in the translation of various types of documents from Italian to English are ready to assist you. They possess strong translation skills and have seen numerous birth certificates. When they finish translating a document for immigration applications they double check everything to make sure they did not miss anything. They are completely familiar with the language of birth certificates issued in Italy, and they exhibit their extensive knowledge in their translations. To get a quote for certified translations for USCIS, please scan and email your documents to We do not need the originals to prepare your translations.

How to Translate Academic Documents – International Students

When international applicants are in the process of sending their information to schools in the United States they often learn that they have to get their transcripts from their home country translated into English. Some colleges and universities review the translations while other institutions want the translated documents evaluated by a third party such as World Education Services. How they go about getting academic document translation or evaluation services is very important in the application process. In general, students from foreign countries should get in touch with a translator who has extensive experience with the translation of academic transcripts, degrees, and certificates. Professional translators who work for prestigious firms that offer certified translation services for international students often have handled the translation of many documents related to higher education. They can usually help international students learn how to get their academic documents translated for their school application.

Certified and Word-for-Word Translations for Academic Documents
Some educational institutions and credential evaluation companies require foreign-language documents to be translated “word-for-word” or “word-by-word”. This usually means that they do not want the grades or grade point averages converted or interpreted. They expect the English translation to reflect exactly what the non-English text says. Some organizations that offer licenses to individuals who were educated abroad also want their coursework and academic records translated word-by-word.

Our Approach to Academic Translations
CACFTI strives to exceed the expectation of international students who need to have their grade sheets and diplomas translated for admissions offices or credential evaluation firms. We have translated many types of documents from letters of recommendation to bank statements and transcripts for students who had earned a degree in their home country and were hoping to continue their education in the United States. To get a document translated from a major world language to English, please simply scan and email it to us. If the school you are applying to requires the original documents you can mail us everything you need to have translated.

Relying on the Best Academic Translators

We collaborate with linguists who consistently exhibit excellence in their works. We will assign your documents to a professional translator who specializes in academic translation services. Please be sure to provide the correct mailing address so we can mail you the hard copy. Some students who contact us about our certified academic translation service assume we know the schools’ mailing address. Each academic institution usually has its own requirements for foreign-language documents. Some schools allow their admissions office to review translations so they request that international applicants forward the translations to this office. However, other schools have their international students office review certified translations. Therefore, we ask you to provide us with the right address. Our translators possess impressive translation skills and have ample experience carrying out academic document translation services for students from overseas. Please email us your academic documents and any other file you need to apply to a college or university in the United States.

Certified Translation of Contracts | Los Angeles, CA

Law firms in Los Angeles that handle commercial litigation cases often assist parties who have been accused of breaching a contract. Such lawsuits commonly arise in joint ventures when one party alleges that the other party has not lived up to the terms of the agreement. Joint ventures between an American entity and a foreign one always require clear communications. This point is of particular importance when disputes are taken to court. Lawyers need to submit a copy of the contract and its certified translation to the court.

How Are Translations Certified for Courts?
Translators who are approved by courts to translate foreign language documents translate the material in question and attach their signed certification. Companies that offer court-certified translations usually also provide their own certification and stamp all the pages. Courts in many parts of the United States require the translator to use a special wording on their declaration. We have translated many documents for federal and state courts. We would be pleased to have the opportunity to work on your documents as well.

Translation of Contracts and other Legal Documents
The translation of a contract is an integral part of a lawsuit regarding breach of contract. While a decent translation delivers the message of the agreement, an excellent translation conveys the exact intention of the parties that drafted the contract. Translators with deep knowledge of legal terminology are familiar with the language of contracts and can translate the terms spelled out in the document properly. Legal translators at California Center for Translation & Interpretation recognize the importance of quality translations in the courtroom. Litigations due to breach of contract are already stressful. Translators who have taken part in such cases often do their best to minimize language barriers so that all the parties involved can use the translations to strengthen their position. They spend a lot of time polishing their translations to make sure they got everything accurately. Our translators rely on their rich experience in the legal field to deliver top-quality translations for your agreements and other legal documents.

Getting a Court-Certified Translation at CACFTI
CACFTI has effectively handled the translation of legal documents for law firms and the legal department of companies that intended to use the translations in a court. Many of our translations have been submitted to Los Angeles Superior court. We have extensive experience in the translation of contracts and other types of documents. Our clients include law firms and other professionals in the legal industry. If you represent a law office, and you have a client who has come to you with a foreign-language document please get in touch with us. We understand that you might not know which pages you need to have translated right away. You can send us everything you have got and let us know which parts you might need translated so that we can provide an estimate.

We can translate documents from various languages into English. Please let us know if we can help you with your court-certified translation needs. Whether you are going to take the translations to a court in Los Angeles or another county we can help! We provide certified translations for courts and any other organization that requires a certified translation. Please send your documents to for prompt assistance.