Monthly Archives: March 2017

Translation of Shenasnameh/Iranian Birth Certificate for U.S. Immigration

Iranians who are working on a visa application often ask us whether the small booklet they have is equivalent to a birth certificate. Provinces in Iran issue a shenasnameh or birth certificate that contains multiple pages. This small booklet looks slightly different from the birth certificates that are issued in the United States. The first page includes a summary of the certificate holder’s personal information such as place of birth and parent’s first names. A page similar to the image on the side contains some notes for the certificate holder.

The second page has the information of the certificate holder’s spouse and children. The next page has space for notes and death information. The office of vital records uses this space to record any changes to the certificate holder’s name. For instance, if the card holder changed his last name the office of vital record mentions when the change was made and under which law.

Iranians who are looking for certified translations of their birth certificate for USCIS should submit all the pages of their shenasnameh. Some of our clients who are unfamiliar with the requirements of the immigration department only submit the first page of their birth certificate. They assume that the other pages are not relevant to their application. We usually explain that USCIS does not accept summaries or extracts. USCIS expects a complete translation of all the pages of the booklet.

CACFTI has translated many documents including birth certificates, marriage licenses, and divorce decrees from Farsi to English. We can also translate criminal history background checks and vaccination cards from foreign languages into English. We have ample experience in the translation of documents both from Persian to English and from English to Persian. Our translations are completed by professional translators who are committed to producing top-quality translations. We know exactly what your shenasnameh looks like. We have translated dozens of birth certificates for USCIS. We have translated official documents that were issued in Iran before the Islamic Revolution of 1979 as well as documents issued by the Islamic Republic of Iran. Recently the department of civil registration has started to print new national identification cards. We have also translated the new birth certificates.

You can rely on our company to get your personal documents translated into English and certified for immigration purposes. A lot of our clients use our certified translations for visa and green card applications. We have solid knowledge of the rules of the immigration department regarding foreign-language documents. Our translations follow the guidelines of immigration authorities. Our certified translations for USCIS are very popular among immigrants and Americans who are helping their families abroad obtain visas. If you would like to take advantage of our translation services for your Persian-language documents, please send all the pages to

Certified & Notarized Translations for Academic Documents

International students who are in the process of applying to a college in the United States often wonder how they can get a certified and notarized translation for their transcripts. Their school records are in a foreign language and as such have to be translated into English. Academic document translation services are very important to the application process. International applicants have to get in touch with a reliable firm that provides high-quality translations to make sure the schools get a clear translation of their documents.

Do I Get My Translations Certified or Notarized?

Since schools in the United States do not typically have their own professional translators, they ask their international applicants to provide certified translations. Many educational institutions throughout the country request the certified translation of foreign-language documents while others expect certified and notarized translations. Students who have non-English language transcripts and are applying to a school in the United States should check with the admissions office to find out whether they have to present a certified and notarized translation for their academic documents. Notarized translations are very similar to certified translations. The only difference is that a notary public’s acknowledgement is attached to the translation. Nevertheless, some institutions prefer to have the notary’s acknowledgement form along with the certification.

I Am Fluent in English. Can I Translate My Academic Documents?

Many colleges, universities, and vocational schools require foreign-language documents to be translated by an unbiased translator. In addition, they prefer a professional translator who can faithfully translate the academic records. Even if you speak English fluently there is a chance that the translation you prepare is inaccurate because you are not familiar with the educational system in the United States.

CACFTI’s Approach to Academic Translations
We understand that you have put a lot of time and energy into your academic work and therefore expect to get in touch with an academic translator who can accurately translate your documents for US schools. Our approach to certified translations for academic documents is very unique. We take our job very seriously because we understand that schools review these documents very carefully in the admissions process. You cannot submit your complete paperwork without the professional translation of their academic records because colleges and universities need to know how you performed in your home country to decide whether you qualify for their programs. We assign your academic documents to translators who have extensive experience in the translation of diplomas, transcripts, student ID cards, report cards, etc. We proofread all the translations to make sure everything has been typed in correctly and is ready to submit to the schools of your choice. We can either email the electronic copy to the admissions office or we can mail the hard copy. Please check the deadlines to make sure you get everything to the schools on time.

Our Experience with Academic Translation for International Students
CACFTI can notarize certified translations upon request. We have translated dozens of documents for international students. We have provided ATA certified translations for foreign-language documents. We have also notarized translations for international applicants. Please get in touch with us if you are an international student or advisor who is looking for certified translation services. We have translated documents from various languages into English for community colleges and universities. We can also translate documents for bar associations, California State Board of Pharmacy, and The National Council of State Boards of Nursing. You can submit our certified translations to degree evaluation companies. We support many languages including Spanish, Polish, German, Dutch, French, and Romanian. We are experts when it comes to the official translation of documents. Our translations are completed by professional translators and certified by our official stamp and seal. We are confident that our translators can exceed your expectations. Our translators who handle the translation of school related materials have extensive experience and are familiar with the educational system in the United States. They know exactly how to translate documents clearly for admissions committees. You can scan and email us your documents for an estimate. We will also need the mailing address where you would like us to send the hard copy. We can either mail it to your place of residence or directly to the school. Please let us know whether you are looking for academic document translation services or notarized translations. We look forward to assisting you with the translation of your academic documents.

Court Certified Translator for Spanish Agreements

Law offices in Los Angeles and the legal departments of companies that work on cases involving Spanish language agreements often seek court-certified translation services. They understand that they have to submit a copy of the agreement along with an English translation that a court approved translator has prepared and certified. They rely on court-certified Spanish translators to prepare an accurate translation of their documents. Court approved translators enable plaintiffs, witnesses, and defendants to use foreign-language documents in the United States for legal purposes.

Do I Need Certified Spanish Translators?
Spanish-speakers who have signed a document in their native language and now are ready to take a matter to court in LA or other cities in the country have to remove language barriers. They can get in touch with a certified Spanish translator to get a translation that courts accept. Some attorneys have presented foreign-language documents to courts in the past and know exactly how the process works. Others might search for a service provider and ask for general information because they have no idea how it works. California Center for Translation & Interpretation has assisted many lawyers with their document translation needs. If you are new to this, you have nothing to worry about. We will take care of your documents very professionally. If you are going to submit a Spanish-language document to a court in the United States, you need a certified translation. Please contact us for prompt assistance.

Certified Spanish to English Translations for Law Firms

Parties that sign contracts in a foreign language such as Spanish can still be sued in the United States if they breach the terms of the agreements. Many lawyers throughout the country assist parties that believe defendants failed to live up to the terms of the contract they signed even if the document was drafted in a foreign language. They commonly work with a translation company that offers certified translations of documents for courts. CACFTI specializes in the translation of legal documents and can provide translations completed by court approved translators. We have translated dozens of legal documents from foreign languages including Spanish to English for courts.

We are familiar with the requirements of the state courts for foreign language documents. Many lawyers, paralegals, and legal assistants contact us about our certified translations for courts. We can also assist litigation support teams that collaborate with attorneys. We understand that the documents you present to us for translation are extremely important and relevant to the case at hand. We do our best to capture the exact meaning of the original document so that you can use it in court.

What Happens Once I Send You My Spanish Document?
When you send us a copy of an agreement in Spanish, we review the text and provide a quote. You can let us know how you would like to make your payment. Once the job is confirmed with us, we try to decide which translator has the background and skill required to translate that type of text. Agreements can be about the purchase or sale of a property, the distribution of a product, a merger, personal loans, etc. Therefore, the translator who executes the translation of your agreement has to know the terminology related to the subject matter of the contract. We can translate many types of contracts from Spanish to English for courts.

Getting Court Certified Translations at CACFTI
If you work at a law office or you intend to represent yourself in court and would like to get a document translated from Spanish to English for legal purposes, please reach out to us. Our Spanish translators who have rich experience in the translation of documents from Latin America and Spain are interested in helping you overcome language barriers in courts. Please let us know if you are looking for court-certified translations for the Los Angeles superior court or other courts in the United States. We have translated various types of documents for lawyers and others who have presented our translations in courts. Thank you for trusting us with the translation of your legal documents! You can send your documents to for a quote. We look forward to speaking with you about your legal translation needs.