Monthly Archives: January 2017

Do I Need a Certified Translation for USCIS?

Many immigrants who are working on an immigration application for themselves or their relatives often contact us to find out whether they actually need a certified translation. They ask whether they can get a non-certified translation for a document that they intend to submit with their immigration application. On the official website of USCIS you will find that immigration authorities expect foreign language documents to be translated and certified. For immigration matters, you cannot use non-certified translations.

Certifying Translations for USCIS
We provide certified translations for USCIS and possess ample experience in the translation of various types of documents for immigrants from all over the world. We constantly look for updates to requirements for certified translations. We understand that when you are in the process of applying for a visa you have a lot to take care of. You would probably prefer not to have to worry about the rejection of your translations. If you are wondering what to do with your foreign language documents, just send us a copy and we will take care of it. We have translated documents for immigration law offices and other individuals who have successfully presented our certified translations to USCIS. All of our translations are performed by professional translators who meet the immigration department’s standards. We will translate your documents professionally and attach our certification to the translations.

Can I Break the Envelope’s Seal?
Yes. You do not have to keep the translation in its sealed envelope. You can remove the translation from the original envelope and make photocopies, scan it, attach it to your application, etc. USCIS does not require certified translations to be presented in sealed envelopes.

CACFTI’s Approach to USCIS Certified Translations
We recognize the importance of every component of your application. The supplementary documents and their certified translations that you submit are all of equal importance. Therefore, we do our best to provide accurate, certified, and timely translations. We are familiar with the exact requirements of the department of immigration for certified translations. We carefully translate and proofread every document to ensure completeness and smoothness. Please email us your birth certificates or other documents you are planning to submit with your application. We provide high-quality translations for all the major world languages. To learn more about certified translations for USCIS, please visit our other pages or contact us.

How You Can Get Started with Your Certified Translations
If you are ready to get a certified translation for your personal documents, please get in touch with us. CACFTI translates and certifies documents for immigration purposes. We have handled the translation of many types of documents for clients all over the world. Our translators who have excellent translation skills are available to translate your documents from foreign languages to English for immigration matters. They possess solid knowledge of the source language and English. We strive to exceed the expectations of our valued clients. Your first step is to send your documents to so we can provide a quote.

Do I Need ATA Translation for My Academic Documents?

International students who learn that they have to get a certified translation of their foreign-language transcripts and diplomas often ask us whether our translations are compliant with their school’s requirements. Some of them request a translation completed by an ATA translator. Not all translators who perform academic translation services are members of American Translators Association. Therefore, we understand international applicants’ concern. This is a good question.

Some universities and other educational institutions request a translation by ATA members. We have heard from several clients that some universities such as California State University, Northridge only accepts translations executed by members of ATA.

Other schools have less stringent requirements. They expect the translations to be completed by a professional translator but do not require an ATA accredited translator. They only require the translation company’s official stamp and seal on every page of the original and the English translation. Some of them may wish to have the translator sign or initial the bottom of every page.

CACFTI collaborates with various translators to translate academic documents. We have years of experience in the industry and have served the translation needs of many international students. We have translated many types of documents from foreign languages to English for individuals who were in the process of applying to schools in the United States. Nevertheless, we rely on our clients to inform us about the exact requirement of the recipient. We usually do not know whether the college or university you have in mind requires a translation performed by translators with specific qualifications. Please be sure to ask your academic counselor about the school’s requirements for translations. We never make guesses about schools’ requirements so please make sure to ask your academic advisor before you contact us. You can often find this information on the school’s website as well. If we learn that you must present an ATA certified translation to your school, then we will assign your documents to a translator who is a member of American Translators Association.

We also provide official translations for schools that accept certified translations completed by professional translators as well as many degree evaluation service providers. Our translators have wide experience in the translation industry. They have solid knowledge of vocabulary used in academic documents and can translate foreign language grade sheets and other relate documents to English. Please get in touch with us if you are looking for academic document translation services and would like to have the best translations. We rely on translators with fine skills to deliver the translation of academic records and degrees. Please email us your documents for a quote.

Translation of Medical Device User’s Manuals

Why Get a Medical Device User’s Manual Translated?

Medical device distributors in Los Angeles and many other parts of the country that provide products to hospitals all over the world often rely on translation companies to get various types of documents translated into foreign languages. They do not usually specialize in document translation or have bilingual professionals in-house and therefore required the assistance of a third party that can translate their documents for international buyers.

They typically need to remove language barriers and communicate their concepts in local languages in their attempts to penetrate into non-English speaking markets. They usually have to get their medical device user’s manuals translated for customers abroad because the buyers are unfamiliar with the product this distributor is providing. They might have used similar products, but if the manufacturer produced a unique device then they might struggle a bit with the technology.

Companies that introduce a new technology to international markets cannot simply assume that the users know how to operate the device. They should try to create a user-friendly experience for the buyers. Even if they have already distributed a similar medical device to the same market, they have to make sure that the users can properly use the new device.

Who Can Translate Medical Device User’s Manuals?

Translators who possess excellent skills in medical translations often can perform the translation of medical device user’s manuals. They have the expertise required to carry out a professional translation of your medical documents. Such documents are particularly important when it comes to introducing new technology to a market. The buyers are unfamiliar with the item you are trying to sell and might misuse, mishandle, or use it for the wrong purpose. Consequently, they might return the product or seek compensation for the damages it caused. To avoid confusion medical device distributors might seek the assistance of professional translators who have extensive experience in the area of medical translation. If you are expanding into international markets and need a medical translator to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Translation of Medical Documents by CACFTI

We are pleased to discuss your translation needs. If you are a medical device distributor that is looking to expand overseas, please get in touch with us about our translation services. We are excited about your plans to reach customers abroad and would love to serve as your trusted vendor for translation services. We understand that language barriers impose difficulties in international transactions. We do everything we can to get you the best translations. You can email us your medical device user’s manuals plus all the other documents you need to complete an international transaction. We are confident that we can deliver top-quality translations for your medical documents. As a translation company in Los Angeles, we have served many entities that were trying to establish a presence in a foreign country. We look forward to helping you break language barriers too.

Ready to get started or would like to learn more? Please send the details to!