Certified Translation of Birth Certificates from Iran

What is a shenasnameh?

A shenasmaneh or شناسنامه is an Iranian birth certificate that is issued by the department of national registration and statistics of each province in Iran. It looks like a small booklet. It is a type of document that many Iranians commonly submit to USCIS.

Who needs a certified translation of their birth certificate?

Every year USCIS receives applications for various types of visas. Individuals who hold a foreign-language birth certificate commonly learn that they have to get a certified translation for their personal documents. Many people who contact us about our certified translation services for visa applications are not familiar with the guideline of immigration authorities. They request a translation that is acceptable for immigration purposes. They sometimes ask for a “sworn”, “official”, or “legal” translation when they mean a “certified” translation. We have translated dozens of birth certificates and other documents for immigration law firms and others who have used our certified translations for their applications. We follow the guidelines of USCIS for our certified translations.

I am working on US visa applications. Can CACFTI help me with the translation of my Iranian birth certificate?
Yes, of course! We have translated many Farsi birth certificates into English for US visa and green card applications. We have extensive experience in the translation of vital records for US immigration. We guarantee that USCIS accepts our certified translations. We have translated birth certificates that were issued by the Imperial State of Iran before the Islamic Revolution of 1979 as well as birth certificates issued by the Islamic Republic of Iran after the revolution. We have also translated the new national ID cards that Iran has been issuing recently. Depending on when it was issued the first page of an Iranian birth certificate would look like one of the following images:

Does CACFTI notarize translations for USCIS?

For USCIS you only need a certified translation. You do NOT need a notarized translation. If you would like to have the translations notarized anyway, we will be happy to do so for an additional fee. Please mention that in your email so we can quote and include that in the order.

Can I submit my relatives’ birth certificates for translation or the birth certificate holder has to be present during the translation process?

You can scan or take a picture the birth certificate in question and email it to us. We do not require the birth certificate holder to email us his/her own document or drop it off at our office. The birth certificate holder does not have to be present while we translate the document. USCIS accepts photocopies of official documents.

How does CACFTI translate Iranian birth certificates for USCIS?
All of our translations are completed by professional translators and certified for USCIS. Translations that we complete for USCIS are prepared according to the guidelines of USCIS.

Difference between Iranian and Afghan birth certificates
Our translators can handle the translation of official documents issued in Iran and Afghanistan. Although the two countries share a border, they issue birth certificates that are completely different from each other. Birth certificates from Afghanistan provide information about the birth certificate holder’s height and eye color, something that Iranian birth certificates do not cover. Whereas an afghan birth certificate includes a section on the birth certificate holder’s father’s military service details, an Iranian birth certificate usually only mentions the father’s first name and birth certificate number. We have ample experience in the translation of birth certificates from Iran and Afghanistan. We look forward to having the opportunity to assist you too.

What if I need multiple documents including a divorce decree translated for US immigration?
Our translators who possess extensive experience with USCIS translations can translate multiple documents without any issues. Please email all the documents you need translated to info@cacfti.com for a quote. We look forward to assisting you with your certified translation needs.

I need help figuring out what documents need to be translated for my application. I also have questions about U.S. immigration laws. Can CACFTI help me?
While we are very happy to answer your questions about the translation process and translate your documents, we cannot provide legal advice or answer legal questions. We cannot comment on whether or not you will need a particular document translated for your application. Furthermore, we cannot comment on what parts of a document you need translated. Therefore, we suggest that you gather the proper information about the requirements of your application before contacting us. We do not recommend that you make guesses because you might end up providing the wrong documentation and delaying the process. Immigration lawyers can probably assist you with those questions. Once you have figured out what documents you need translated, please contact us.

What types of documents has CACFTI translated for USCIS?
We have translated various documents including divorce certificates, marriage certificates, birth certificates, bank statements, diplomas, etc. Our translators who specialize in the translation of documents from foreign languages to English are interested in hearing from you if you need certified translations for immigration matters. Please get in touch with CACFTI if you need to have a birth certificate or any other document translated for your application. We can translate documents for all types of applications including family based visas, employment based, and extraordinary talent in business. Our translators are very professional and committed to delivering top-quality translations for each client. We are experts in Persian document translation. We invite you to join everyone else who has trusted our organization with the translation of their personal documents.

I am ready to have my birth certificate translated. How do I get started?
Awesome! We appreciate your interest. Please email your documents to info@cacfti.com. If your document is for USCIS please mention “translation for USCIS” in the subject line or the body of the email so that we provide a quote for the right service.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *