Some Schools Expect Certified and Notarized Translations

Although large universities in the city of Angeles commonly receive a high number of applications from international students, sometimes their advisors fail to provide clear instructions to applicants who come from non-English speaking countries. They might leave out the details about academic document translation services because they assume students know that they need a certified translation. However, they leave applicants with many questions such as whether they have to get a certified translation notarized. They do not know what to ask when they contact a translation company. They will end up asking the representative what type of translation schools expect. The problem with this approach is that translation firms cannot comment on the requirement of schools in the United States.

Each educational institution has its own rules for foreign-language documents. Students from non-English speaking countries who are planning to stay and study in the United States should make an attempt to learn the requirement of the schools they are applying to for their academic documents. That way when they have submitted their documents to a translation company they can let them know what type of translation they need. Having this information will help the representative provide the right quote and service. Most companies charge a separate fee for notarization so clients who simply place an order for a certified English translation cannot expect the translations to be notarized as well. They would need to inform the representative that the translation has to be certified and notarized to receive the additional service. Preparing the supplementary documents is just as important to international students’ application as their performance in previous schools. Their academic excellence can mean very little if they fail to supply the right type of translation. In addition, the translator who executes the translation of academic records must keep the translation easy to follow and clear.

Such factors typically make the process go more smoothly. CACFTI sometimes receives requests for certified translations from international students who are not sure whether their foreign-language documents must also be notarized. We cannot offer advice about the type of translation you will need for your application. We usually refer unsure clients to the school’s counselors. Academic advisors who focus on assisting international students often can provide the proper information to applicants who are preparing supplementary documents. Once you have figured out which documents you would like us to translate and you have found out whether you have to submit a notarized translation, please contact us. You can rest assured that we will do our best to offer academic document translation services that will impress your intended audience.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *