How to Translate Academic Documents – International Students

When international applicants are in the process of sending their information to schools in the United States they often learn that they have to get their transcripts from their home country translated into English. Some colleges and universities review the translations while other institutions want the translated documents evaluated by a third party such as World Education Services. How they go about getting academic document translation or evaluation services is very important in the application process. In general, students from foreign countries should get in touch with a translator who has extensive experience with the translation of academic transcripts, degrees, and certificates. Professional translators who work for prestigious firms that offer certified translation services for international students often have handled the translation of many documents related to higher education. They can usually help international students learn how to get their academic documents translated for their school application.

Certified and Word-for-Word Translations for Academic Documents
Some educational institutions and credential evaluation companies require foreign-language documents to be translated “word-for-word” or “word-by-word”. This usually means that they do not want the grades or grade point averages converted or interpreted. They expect the English translation to reflect exactly what the non-English text says. Some organizations that offer licenses to individuals who were educated abroad also want their coursework and academic records translated word-by-word.

Our Approach to Academic Translations
CACFTI strives to exceed the expectation of international students who need to have their grade sheets and diplomas translated for admissions offices or credential evaluation firms. We have translated many types of documents from letters of recommendation to bank statements and transcripts for students who had earned a degree in their home country and were hoping to continue their education in the United States. To get a document translated from a major world language to English, please simply scan and email it to us. If the school you are applying to requires the original documents you can mail us everything you need to have translated.

Relying on the Best Academic Translators

We collaborate with linguists who consistently exhibit excellence in their works. We will assign your documents to a professional translator who specializes in academic translation services. Please be sure to provide the correct mailing address so we can mail you the hard copy. Some students who contact us about our certified academic translation service assume we know the schools’ mailing address. Each academic institution usually has its own requirements for foreign-language documents. Some schools allow their admissions office to review translations so they request that international applicants forward the translations to this office. However, other schools have their international students office review certified translations. Therefore, we ask you to provide us with the right address. Our translators possess impressive translation skills and have ample experience carrying out academic document translation services for students from overseas. Please email us your academic documents and any other file you need to apply to a college or university in the United States.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *